Solar-powered streetlights hold immense significance in today’s environmentally conscious society. Not only do they provide cost-free illumination, but they are also easy to install off the grid and require minimal maintenance. Moreover, their return on investment is rapid, making them a financially viable option. With the global market valued at $9 billion, now is the perfect time to embrace solar illumination. To assist you in making an informed choice, we have compiled a curated list of the best solar-powered street lights available, considering factors such as price, light output, power, and lifespan.
Top Solar Street Lights of 2023
1. Ouyad Solar Street Lights 80W Unit
The Ouyad solar street lights 80W unit tops our list due to its impeccable quality and features. Each standalone street lamp is equipped with 84 LEDs, creating 1500 lumens of brightness, sufficient to illuminate an area of up to 90 square meters. The 6000 mAh battery keeps the lights running for more than 24 hours on a single charge, and the built-in automatic on/off feature minimizes manual intervention. With an IP67 waterproof rating and a 5-year manufacturer warranty, this is the perfect lighting solution.
2. SolPol Solar Street Lights
The SolPol solar street lights represent a German engineering marvel designed to meet American outdoor lighting requirements. These street light modules are unique due to their compatibility with both solar and wind energy. The PV panels are wrapped around the lighting pole, making them wind-resistant and easing the installation process. Additionally, the GPRS-powered lamps allow operators to control the lights from far-off locations and keep track of electrical components.
3. NACINIC Solar-Powered LED Street Lights with Motion Sensors
The NACINIC solar flood lights equipped with state-of-the-art motion sensors are another innovative solar street lighting solution. The powerful motion sensors can detect any motion up to 15 feet away and turn the lights to full intensity, making them perfect for enhancing security on commercial and residential properties. Each lamp can create 650 lumens of illumination at an angle of 270 degrees and is IP65 rated for protection against dust and water-induced damages.
4. Erifyng Solar Street Lights
The Erifyng solar street lamps are a featureful yet affordable outdoor lighting solution. Each 80-watt LED lamp can produce 2000 lumens of brightness, powered by a 6000 mAh battery that takes no more than 8 hours to charge fully. The lamps have an IP67 rating for water and dust resistance, a remote-operated timer, and can be mounted on both walls and poles.
5. eLEDing Self-Contained Solar Flood Lights
The eLEDing solar flood lights feature a unique wide circular design that directly illuminates the area beneath, preventing the light from shining into your eyes. These lamps offer two lighting modes: dusk to dawn and motion sensor-based lighting. However, the batteries run out after about 4 hours of operation at full brightness, so it is suggested to keep the brightness low and rely on the proactive built-in motion sensors.
6. TENKOO Solar Street Lights
The TENKOO LED solar street lights are arguably the best budget-friendly option available. Each powerful 200W LED lamp creates roughly 8000 lumens of light, powered by a 24000 mAh battery that keeps the lights running at full brightness for over 16 hours on a single 6 to 8-hour charge. The adjustable solar panels maximize solar energy production, and the IP66 rating and three-year-long warranty cover make this the best solar street light for all outdoor lighting needs.
7. ECO-WORTHY Solar Street Flood Lights
The ECO-WORTHY LED street flood lights are a cost-effective counterpart to the TENKOO solar street lights. These lamps produce up to 2700 lumens of light and include a high-capacity battery that keeps the lights on for up to 35 hours. The smart motion sensors and multiple timer options ensure effective outdoor illumination even if there’s no sunshine for days. However, the installation can be challenging due to the bulky light pole.
8. Gebosun Solar Flood Light
The Gebosun solar flood lights use pro double MPPT core technology, which is 50 to 70 times more efficient than other street lighting solutions. The 12000 MAh lithium-ion battery keeps the street light running for more than 60 hours. The installation process is hassle-free, thanks to the lighter weight of the lamp poles and the provided installation accessories and manuals.
Pro Tips for Picking the Best Solar Street Lights
- Brightness levels and area of coverage: Calculate the brightness you need by considering the area you need to illuminate. The brightness levels are measured in lumens, and for street lights, it can range from 500 lumens to upward of 10000 lumens.
- Motion detectors vs. auto on/off: Choose between motion detectors and auto on/off based on practical considerations. Motion detectors are handy for security and energy-saving, while auto on/off is necessary for uninterrupted dusk to dawn illumination.
- High-capacity battery: Go for a solar lamp with the highest mAh battery to ensure your exterior space is well-lit at night time, even on days with no sunshine.
- Charging and operation time: Choose a battery that charges quickly and supports long hours of operation, with a minimum of 12-hour uninterrupted operation on dusk to dawn lighting.
- IP rating: Go for solar lamps with ratings between IP66 and IP69 for better resistance to water, dust, and dander.
- LED lighting: LED lights are the brightest and most efficient of all lighting systems, making them a must-have for solar street lights.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best solar street light on the market? There is no single standard for the best outdoor solar street lights as it depends on individual requirements. However, the SolPol and TENKOO solar street lights are excellent all-in-one options.
- How long can a solar street light last? A solar lamp with LED lighting can have an illumination of over 50000 hours, and good quality solar panels can last for two decades. The batteries can last for more than 10 years, depending on build quality, maintenance, and usage.
- Will solar lights work on cloudy days? Yes, solar panels can generate energy even on cloudy days, although the rate of charging may be reduced compared to a bright sunny day.
The solar street light market is projected to experience considerable growth, with an estimated annual increase of 11.4% from 2021 to 2027. This presents an attractive investment opportunity for both commercial and residential property owners. If you’re looking for the ideal solar street light to fulfill your outdoor lighting requirements, the options mentioned above can help you find the perfect fit. Should you need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.