Air Conditioner Solar Power System Price
Find here air conditioner solar power system price‘s details, OUYAD Solar was focused Solar Charge Controller, Solar Inverter, Solar Street Lamp,PV Combiner Box, Solar,Power System,Solar Panel,Gel Battery etc One-stop solar power system product provider.
In recent years, the push for renewable energy has led to the development of various solar-powered appliances, one of which is the solar-powered air conditioner. As the summer heat reaches its peak, the need for a cost-effective and environmentally friendly cooling solution becomes paramount. Solar-powered air conditioners offer a sustainable and efficient way to keep your home cool while reducing your energy bills and carbon footprint. In this article, we will delve into everything you need to know about solar-powered air conditioners, including the different types, benefits, factors to consider, and a detailed cost breakdown.
What Is a Solar-Powered Air Conditioner?
A solar-powered air conditioner, also known as a solar air conditioner or solar AC, uses solar energy to power your air conditioner. These units operate similarly to typical split AC units, but instead of sourcing energy from the electrical grid, they use solar panels or solar water heaters to capture the sun’s heat and create energy. Independent units are available for smaller spaces like RVs, and large solar-ready systems are available for whole-house cooling.
How Does a Solar-Powered Air Conditioner Work?
Solar-powered air conditioners collect energy in two different ways: through solar photovoltaic (PV) systems and solar thermal systems.
Solar PV Air Conditioners
Solar PV air conditioners use one to three solar panels to generate electricity. A ductless mini-split system with an outdoor compressor and indoor unit is affixed to the wall of your choice, making this option suitable for smaller, one-level residences and offices. During the day, solar power provides 90% of the system’s electricity. At night, hybrid systems switch over to regular grid power, while off-grid units use a battery to store energy created during the day.
Solar Thermal Air Conditioners
Solar thermal air conditioners are a type of solar water heater. This system uses the sun’s energy to heat water, which then converts a refrigerant into a heat-absorbing gas that cools the air and provides hot water for your home. Since water requires less energy to heat than solar panels, this system doesn’t need as many panels as a solar PV air conditioner. However, thermal energy can’t use batteries and the electrical grid at night.
Benefits of Solar-Powered Air Conditioners
Solar-powered air conditioners offer several benefits that make them a worthwhile investment:
- Better for the Environment: Traditional air conditioners contribute 117 million metric tons of CO2 to the air per year, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. Solar air conditioners help reduce this environmental impact.
- Save on Energy Bills: You could save 40% or more on your energy bills, depending on whether you need to use the grid at night.
- Conserve Energy: Solar energy helps take the load off the grid, preventing blackouts and needless energy consumption during power outages.
- Easy to Maintain: Once installed, solar panels require minimal maintenance. Even in snowy conditions, solar panels are designed to let snow slide off within a day or two.
Types of Solar-Powered Air Conditioners
There are three different types of solar-powered air conditioners, each with its own pros and cons:
- DC Solar-Powered Air Conditioners: These air conditioners run on the DC electricity generated by your solar panels through direct wiring to the panels. They can also run off-grid through a battery.
- Pros: Directly wired to solar panels, ideal for off-grid living, easy to add batteries.
- Cons: Needs large battery storage capacity to run at night, more costly than AC-powered units, can’t run at night without batteries.
- AC Solar-Powered Air Conditioners: Also known as inverter air conditioners, these units need an inverter to convert the solar panel’s DC electricity into AC electricity. Once the stored energy in the battery goes through the inverter, the air conditioner can use the electricity to cool your home.
- Pros: More affordable than DC systems, connects easily to the grid, can receive credit back for giving energy to the grid.
- Cons: Not suitable for off-grid living.
- Hybrid Solar-Powered Air Conditioners: These air conditioners can run on both DC and AC. They can connect to solar panels and the grid simultaneously to optimize power source management.
- Pros: No need for an inverter, easy transition between solar and grid power, can operate as a heat pump to heat your home, can operate day or night.
- Cons: Few models are compatible with batteries, need to use the grid at night if batteries are incompatible, won’t work off-grid during the night.
Factors to Consider When Shifting to Solar-Powered AC
When choosing a solar-powered air conditioner, consider the following factors:
- Size of Your Home: Larger homes require more AC capacity and more wattage to power your home. Solar panels cost between $0.70 and $1.50 per watt on average. The average AC solar system needs around 3,000 to 6,000 watts, costing $2,100 to $3,000 on the low end and $4,200 to $6,000 on the high end.
- Battery Options: If you want to go off-grid, you’ll need batteries to store energy for the night and for days when the weather doesn’t yield enough solar energy. It’s also advisable to have batteries if you live in a hot climate that doesn’t cool down at night without AC.
- Climate: Some climates receive ample sunlight and can get away with fewer solar panels, while others have less ideal weather for solar energy. In the latter case, you might need a larger battery backup or additional solar panels.
Solar-Powered Air Conditioner Cost
The cost of a solar-powered air conditioner ranges from $1,600 to $13,000, with the average homeowner spending around $3,400. You may also be eligible for a 26% renewable energy tax credit in 2022, which drops to 22% in 2023 and is scheduled to end in 2024.
The cost of a solar air conditioner depends on several components:
- Solar air conditioner unit: $1,000–$2,700 on average
- Photovoltaic panels: $250–$350 per panel
- Wiring: $50–$200
- Cost of solar batteries: $2,000–$3,500
- Inverter: $750–$1,700
- Charge controller: $50–$400
- Installation: $1,500–$3,500
DIY vs. Hiring a Pro
Given the number of parts, wiring, and the dangers of climbing on the roof for PV installation, it is not advisable to install a solar-powered air conditioner by yourself. Instead, opt for working with a local solar installation company. A solar professional will accurately calculate your energy needs, advise on the best solar AC system for your local climate, recommend the appropriate AC size, and suggest system setups based on your home’s configuration.
Investing in a solar-powered air conditioner is a smart move for both your wallet and the environment. With the potential to save 40% or more on your energy bills and reduce your carbon footprint, it is an investment worth considering. Remember to consider the size of your home, your local climate, and your energy needs when choosing a solar-powered air conditioner. Additionally, seek the advice of a solar professional to ensure you select the best system for your needs.
300W Solar Panel * 4 PCS
- Model:SH-300W Rated Power (Pmax):300W
- Maximum Excitation Voltage(Vmp):32.2V
- Maximum Operating Current (Imp):9.32A
- Open-circuit voltage(Voc):38.8V
- Short-circuit current(Isc):9.71A
- Power Tolerance:±3%
- Maximum System Voltage:1000V
Solar Inverter * 1 Piece
- Built-in MPPT Controller Model :60A/24v
- LED+LCD Display
- 1. High frequency switching technology
- 2. Multiple protection technology
- 3. MPPT control technology
- 4. Battery management technology
Gel Battery * 2 PCS
- Type：Energy storage batteries
- Chemical Type：Gel Battery
- Battery cover and exhaust plug structure: Valve controlled sealed storage battery
- Status of charge: maintenance-free battery
Solar panel bracket * 1 set
- Usage: Ground
- Galvanized steel bracket has good bearing capacity, no deformation, corrosion resistance, no maintenance cost, and can carry 4*300W
- photovoltaic panels
- System configuration: 1 bracket for each system
Photovoltaic cable/battery cable*1 set
- Polyethylene TUV certified 4MM2 red and black 50m copper core photovoltaic outdoor special cable
- Application of temperature: -40℃~120℃
- Good resistance to UV, ozone and other compounds
- Good mechanical structure strength.Effectively waterproof, oil and chemical corrosion proof
MC4 connector * 1 pair
- Main Features：
- 1. Large current and high voltage bearing capacity
- 2. Good impact resistance
- 3. Low contact resistance
- 4. Innovative sealing, waterproof and dustproof design, up to IP67
- 5. Excellent high and low temperature, waterproof, UV resistance and other properties, suitable for long-term outdoor use.